1. Itsy Bitsy Christmas, Max Lucado -- It's such a sweet story about 2 mice named Itsy Bitsy who learn that Jesus has come for them. What I LOVE about it is that the kids are learning more about God's love for us.
2. The Christmas Story, Jane Werner Watson -- We love Golden Books in our house. We have a stack of them from when I was a kid. It's simple and classic and I love it dearly.
3. The Night Before Christmas, Clement C. Moore -- Yes, another Golden Book. There are many different publishers for this classic book. We have a very special one from Usborne where my dad recorded his voice reading the story to the kids. They love listening to it and hearing his voice. Now that we live in another state, they love it more throughout the year.
4. Bear Stays Up for Christmas, Karma Wilson -- I just adore Karma Wilson's books. We, ahem -- I, love this one because it shows the meaning of caring, sharing, and helping out our friends. Plus, Bear is so darn cute!
5. God Gave Us Christmas, Lisa Tawn Bergren -- Bean received God Gave Us Heaven as a goodbye gift when we moved to Colorado from her teachers. I, again, fell in love with a children's author who put so much heart into so few pages. Little Cub asks a lot of questions, like my Bean and Buddy. And this time it's, "Who invented Christmas?" Now my kids like Santa, but they also know that Jesus is at the center of it all. And this book reinforces what we have taught them.
Want to see what others have on their list? Check out The Mommy List for more ideas.